Reading time: 4 min.
A day in history: the advent of the WWW
Today, the internet has become an essential part of our lives, facilitating communication with friends and family, information searching, shopping, education, entertainment, and of course, business. Thanks to the internet, companies can find customers from anywhere in the world, providing small businesses with the same opportunities as large corporations in the market.
Let's go back to the beginning of March 1989. 34 years ago, English scientist Tim Berners-Lee and his colleagues from the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Geneva, presented a global hypertext project called the World Wide Web (WWW). To implement it, Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs), the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), and the HyperText Markup Language (HTML) were invented, which became the foundation of WWW. Later, the technical specifications of these standards were improved and presented to users. Nevertheless, 1989 is still officially recognized as the birth year of the World Wide Web.
Initially, the World Wide Web served as a communication tool between CERN employees. In the 1990s, the internet became available to a wider audience through the first browsers: Mosaic, Netscape, and Internet Explorer. However, most users primarily used it for email exchange and communication on forums, since the internet library at that time could not boast modern volumes of information.
The development of internet technologies in recent decades has given us social networks, messengers, audio and video platforms, streaming services, AI technologies, and we can hardly imagine our lives without them. Like any technology, the World Wide Web will continue to evolve and change in the future.
The factors that will determine internet trends are:
‣ Growth in devices with the internet connection: it creates new opportunities for communication and interaction with other people and technologies.
‣ Artificial intelligence and augmented reality: already widely used in various fields and will be directed towards improving the user experience on the internet.
‣ Improvement in internet speed and availability: for example, 5G internet guarantees higher data transfer speeds and lower latency, allowing for full use of virtual reality and autonomous vehicles.
‣ Development of "smart" devices (IoT): in the future, IoT devices will be connected in a global network to create smarter and more efficient systems.
‣ Cybersecurity: with the growth in the number of devices connected to the internet, cybersecurity becomes increasingly important and leads to the development of new technologies and methods for protecting information from cyber attacks.
‣ Data privacy: technologies for protecting user privacy and legislative control over the collection and use of personal data will be strengthened.
For LLHOST INC., it is important to stay up to date with the latest technological trends and provide the highest level of security for our users. We are proud to use modern equipment and constantly improve our technologies to guarantee high-quality service. We also remind you that the spring discount of -40% on any VPS Netherlands plan, is still valid until March 31, 2023.*
Take care of your privacy and security today with LLHOST INC.!
*The discount applies to 6 months of monthly billing cycle and cannot be combined with other special offers.